Wednesday 8 March 2017

Women's Day

I woke up this morning and as usual checked some messages on the mobile. Whatsapp was flooded with women's day messages. I smiled and thought what difference does it really make...... I still have to get out of my bed, give boys their breakfast, go to work, cook, clean so what exactly is going to happen differently..... what good thing is going to come my way because it is women's day.... then why do we even have these days.... these celebrations.... even Indian culture has it, guru-poornima, deep amavasya, polaa so what is the purpose???

And then suddenly I realised that I was looking at women's day from the wrong angle. Rather than thinking what will I GET, I should have thought what can I GIVE. It is a day to remind myself of all those women who have influenced my life. Being grateful to them. Telling them that they have influenced my life in such a positive way, that they have done a fantastic job and I am so lucky to have them as a part of my life. May this be my mother, my Gurumata Nandai, my teachers, inspirational personalities such as Sudha Moorthy, Mother Teresa from whom I am learning so much.... and of course all of you lovely friends!!

So here I am telling you that YOU are very important to me. I may not say this often but I really love you, adore you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.... on this women's day and always.....

Your
Madhuri

Dr Madhuri Thakur

7 comments:

  1. Good thought. A different thought. Nicely presentd

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is beautiful. I so thankful that you have written in English. Nicely composed��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! There is a plan to write in English too. Let's see what 'He' wants me to do...

      Delete
  3. Superb thought Madhuri, I never thought of this. Thank you, let me go and thank my sister first

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your writing! I would like to invite you to the website that I have founded for women. It's www.maitrin.com. It's probably the first website in marathi that is absolutely run by women, for women. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bhagyashree thank you for your feedback and sorry about the delay in getting back. I had not realised new comments on these posts. Just had a look at maitrin.com Even saw some names which are familiar from other websites. I will certainly join soon. All the good wishes!!!

      Delete